Peloton Mat Shopping Guide
You need a mat under your Peloton bike for several reasons. The bike weighs around 170 pounds. It's a heavy piece of equipment and so you should protect your floor from scratches or dents. Also, a good mat will make your Peloton more stable and less likely to rock during your workout. In addition, people sweat on their Pelotons…. a lot! If you aren't sweating hard during the last half of your rides, you probably aren't doing it right. A proper mat makes keeping your workout space clean an easy task.
Peloton Mat Options
CyclingDeal Bike Mat
Size: 72″ L x 30″ W
A good hefty mat that's heavy and 3mm thick with a non-slip bottom to keep things in place. Your floor will be well protected. It's also easy to clean. It's a tad narrower than some of the other options, but it will still fit under the bike and catch your hard earned sweat. The logo also looks good alongside the Peloton bike. All in all, a great Peloton mat.
The CyclingDeal Bike Mat can be purchased on Amazon.
- HIGH DENSITY: Real high density 3mm thick mat which is made of new PVC without odor. The weight is around 7kg or 15.5 lbs. Size: (30" x 72") (76.20 cm x 182.88 cm). NOT for light equipment such as bike trainer or rollers.
- GREAT FOR HEAVY EQUIPMENT: Protects carpets and floors from treadmills, elliptical, stationary spin bikes and others. Protects your carpet or floor against dirt, vibrations, wear and tear.
- NON SLIPPERY: Mat stays firmly on the tiles and floors. Prevents Trainer from slipping whilst in use. As the mat is made of new materials, it will not leave any marks on the floor after use.
- WATER PROOF: The mat is 100% waterproof. It prevents sweat or water drops damaging the carpet and wood floors.
- ORDER NOW, WORRY FREE! We're so confident about our product quality that we can provide 2-year warranty!
BalanceFrom High Density Mat
Size: 78″ L x 36″ W
This is a great budget option. It is plenty big enough to protect the floor from the Peloton bike and catch all your sweat. The high density foam makes for a very stable ride, particularly on a hard floor. It's also very easy to clean.
The BalanceFrom High Density Mat can be purchased for on Amazon.
- High density mat helps protect your floors and carpets from the damage effects of heavy exercise equipment’s
- 3-feet x 6.5-feet will be large enough for most treadmills, elliptical and other exercise equipment’s
- Absorbs vibration and reduces noise caused by all sorts of equipment while prolong the life of your equipments
- Will not bleed onto carpet and easy to clean with just a damp cloth. Pattern design to prevent machines from moving around
Peloton Bike Mat
Size: 72″ L x 36″ W
Peloton's own branded bike mat is a great option, although a little more expensive than some of the alternatives. It's a big mat which will more than cover the floor under which the bike sits. The mat is water-proof, making it easy to keep clean. It's a heavy high-density product, and even on carpet, it provides a very solid base eliminating rocking. The non-slip bottom keeps things in place.
The Peloton Bike Mat can be purchased for $59 at Peloton's website.
There are a lot of great options out there for use as a Peloton mat, and I've talked about some of my favorites here. I do think that with so many options and range in prices, the non-Peloton brand mats will be the better option for most. I personally just don't think it's worth paying more for a logo, but I also understand that some owners might want consistent branding in their home gym. Either way, measure your space and pick the best bike mat for your setup.