The amount of great content on Peloton bikes is astounding and makes its products stand above most others in the home fitness category. But for many owners there is a glaring omission: the ability to watch non-fitness entertainment content on that beautiful big screen. Sometimes you just want to zone out for 30 minutes with your favorite new show and forget that you're even working out. Sometimes you just want to watch Netflix on Peloton.
Luckily, there is a solution and I'll walk you through step-by-step. The Peloton screen is essentially just a large Android tablet which has a built in web-browser. Although it's not obvious how to access it, there's a Peloton hack that lets you open a full screen browser to access all of your streaming services, including Netflix. Let's dive in.
How to Watch Netflix on Peloton
- Tap the bottom right corner to bring up the menu.
- Tap “About.”
- An “About” pop-up box will appear. Tap the bottom righthand corner of that box 7 times quickly.
- Another box will appear. Select the green Android icon labeled “WebView Browser Tester.”
- Type in “netflix.com” into the top address bar.
- Log-in with your Netflix account information.
What Other Content Is Available?
Any streaming service that allows you to watch movies or shows in a web browser can be enjoyed on your Peloton screen. These include YouTube, YouTube TV, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video and Hulu.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I install Netflix on Peloton?
You cannot install the Netflix app on Peloton. But you can watch Netflix content using a web browser built into your Peloton as described above.
- Do I have to log-in every time I open Netflix?
Unfortunately you do. The Peloton web browser seems to clear its memory after each visit.
- Can I watch Netflix while I do non-cycling routines?
Definitely! See our guide on adding a Peloton screen pivot that lets you rotate the screen to any viewing angle.